How Much Does It Cost to Have a Suicide Cleaned Up?
The cost to have a suicide cleaned up can range from $500 to $25,000 depending on the nature of the suicide and other factors mentioned earlier. Gun related suicides or unattended suicide deaths often can be on the higher end of the scale because much more time and effort are involved in the cleanup.
If, for example, the suicide was the result of a chemical overdose and the body was found in the matter of only a few hours, much less is involved with the cleanup and this would result in a lower cost for the service.
Key Considerations When Determining the Cost of Suicide Cleanup Services:
- Method of suicide
- Length of time before body is found
- What bodily fluids and other biohazards need cleaned up?
- Is deodorization required?
- Is cleanup limited to nonporous surfaces such as tile and linoleum?
- Are porous surfaces such as carpet, upholstery, drywall, or untreated wood involved?
- Do these surfaces require cleaning or complete removal?
- Biohazard and waste disposal costs
- Cost of chemical cleaners and sanitizers
While most of these factors are beyond your control or ours, the two best ways to reduce costs is to act quickly and to make sure you hire a highly qualified professional to do the job.
If the service provider you choose does not have adequate experience, they can unintentionally cause additional damage or even increase the health risks to you and your family.
The best thing to do is call Florida Emergency Cleaning and to avoid entering into the scene, leaving it exactly how it was so that our professionals can assess what’s required for a most efficient and thorough clean up.
Even if the cleanup site doesn’t look like it needs professional attention, there may be biohazards or health risks that you’re unaware of. We offer free consultations to help you assess your needs and ensure your family’s safety.
Book a Cleaning Today
We can get a team of our thorough and professional cleaning technicians to your location quickly. Don’t hesitate to contact us.